PRACTICESEmployment Based Immigration
Family Based Immigration
Immigration Litigation and Appeals
Waivers of Inadmissibility
EDUCATIONMr. Pollock's complete CV
Brooklyn Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1985
Antioch College, B.A. in English Literature, 1981
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals - First, Second, Third, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth and Ninth Judicial Circuits
- Federal District Courts - Northern District of Illionois, Western District of Michigan, Eastern District of Michigan and Eastern District of Wisconsin
- New York Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Illinois
Scott D. Pollock
Practicing immigration law for 30+ years, Mr. Pollock concentrates his practice in employment-based immigration, family-based immigration, political asylum, deportation defense, waivers of inadmissibility, immigration litigation and appeals.video Scott D. Pollock has practiced U.S. immigration law since 1985. He is the founder of Scott D. Pollock & Associates, P.C., a nationally recognized immigration law firm in Chicago that is rated AV (very high to preeminent) by Martindale Hubbell. He has been selected as a Leading Illinois Attorney for immigration law for since 2004, a distinction reserved for the top 5% in the field as determined by other attorneys in Illinois. He was also selected for inclusion by Law and Politics on its “Illinois Super Lawyer” lists since 2007 which is also based upon distinction among his colleagues in the field of U.S. immigration law. He is listed in Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Attorneys.
Mr. Pollock’s active legal practice includes all areas of immigration law and procedure, including immigrant and nonimmigrant visas, political asylum, deportation/removal defense, waivers of inadmissibility, employment authorization and employer compliance/sanctions, appeals and litigation. He is a frequent speaker on immigration topics. His clients include universities, religious organizations, financial, manufacturing, health care and high tech companies, and individuals. He is fluent in Spanish and enjoys variety and challenges. His firm’s mission is to provide personal and effective legal service, to master complex U.S. immigration laws and procedures, and to identify strategies and achieve the goals of its clients, while contributing to the progressive advancement of the profession and immigration law.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) – member 1987-present, Chicago Chapter Chair (1997-98), executive board member (1994-2000); Chair, Consumer Protection Authorized Representation Task Force (CPAR) (1995-97); Nebraska Service Center Liaison Committee (1999-2000); Consumer Protection Committee (2002-03); Chicago Chapter Asylum Office Liaison Chair (2002-03); Border Security Issues Committee (2003-04); Chicago EOIR Liaison Subcommittee Chair (2004-06); Business Litigation Committee (2009-2010); Amicus Committee (2010-13); Federal Litigation Steering Committee (2011-12); Students and Scholars Committee (2011-13).
- Chicago Bar Association – member 1985-present; Immigration & Nationality Law Committee Chair 1990-91.
- Illinois State Bar Association –Appointed member, International & Immigration Law Section Council- 2002-2015; Secretary 2004-05; Vice-chair 2005-06, Vice-chair 2012- 13; Chairperson, 2013-14.
- National Lawyers Guild National Immigration Project – member 1985-present.
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, Inc. (CVLS) – 1997-present, co-founder of the AILACVLS pro bono immigration law clinic.
- Interfaith Refugee and Immigration Ministries (IRIM), Chicago, IL, 2002-2007, member of the Board of Directors
- Other memberships: Chicago International Visitors Center, Economic Development Council.
- May 13, 2013 - Chicago Daily Law Bulletin "Amicus Curious" column feature: "A go-to attorney for immigration law"
- 2013 Society of the Divine Word Verbum Award
- 2009 Joseph Minsky Beacon of Light Award for mentoring - AILA Chicago Chapter
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating and list of Preeminent Attorneys
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, Law Bulleting Publishing
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- Who's Who of Corporate Immigration Attorneys